1. To answer your question best, I basically started off in my early twenties modelling for Fitness brochures and advertisements in the local Boston area gyms. From there I went into fitness competitions and got involved with more modelling as the years went on after expanding my fitness and modelling into many different genres. It was suggested by an author Cassandra Carr that I get into the world of romance cover modelling a few years ago. I was branded the most tattooed male romance cover model in the world in 2013 and 2014. The romance industry has been very good to me as well as fitness. It was through fitness that I connected with director and producer Jillian Bullock who selected me for the role of United States Army Captain Jake Nixon for her movie, A Sense of Purpose: Fighting For Our Lives coming to theatres in 2017.
2. As far as working out goes it really all depends on what I have going on at the time. If I have a model shoot or some kind of event coming up that will determine how I train. I will usually train 5 days per week and I will usually workout with weights lighter on my 3 cardiovascular workout days and a bit heavier on the 2 days where I break from cardio. If I have something coming up where I need to tighten up a little bit I will usually train 6 days per week and I might add an additional cardiovascular workout. I try to keep everything in moderation with consistency and I train by the motto, “train smarter not harder.”
3. My first photo shoot I was in my late teens and it was a photo shoot for a piece of gym equipment at one of the local Boston gyms. I thought it was really cool that the photographer asked me to be the model. It was really great that for a few minutes of my time to just stand there and be photographed while getting paid. It was something that I never experienced it was quite special to me as a young man.
4. My very first book cover was ‘Captive Fantasy’ by Ann Maybury. I was very honoured to be on the cover of the book because seeing myself being immortalised on the cover of a novel was quite an accomplishment. I was a prisoner in the image on that cover which was kind of bad ass
which I got a kick out of.
5. Yes I enjoyed very much being a romance cover model as I have met so many amazing people from all over the world. I am always humbled and honoured when an author selects me to be the cover model for their book. Being the model on the author’s book does represent them so when they choose me as a representation of his or herself it’s very special to me.
6. It was never just one person. It was always at the conventions and it would be several people whether it be authors or fans saying positive things about some of the book covers and work I have done. This is all very special to me to hear I am always very grateful for the kindness people in this industry have shown me.
7. I like doing most of the things we all like doing. I just try to enjoy life when I’m not working doing things with friends and family. I enjoy my kids very much I will always be the best father I can be to him regardless of where I am in the world.
8. To answer your question there have been those my family would have been supportive and there are those in my family who have not been very supportive. I just do the best I can and I know in my heart what is right. I have worked very hard to get to the place where I am now with the help of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
9. If I had to say any favourite shots as a model they’ll probably have to be the ones outdoors where the sun is shining bright and I am smiling without a care in the world. I have brand new shots being created every week by the very talented artist Claudia Bost, who I am very proud to say, is my official designer. Every one of the shots is a favourite because Claudia is so talented. We have a great relationship and I am honoured that we connected the way we did. I am very happy to have her.
10. The advice I have for anybody who wants to become a model is be consistent and stay positive. Often times you might not get the feedback that you wanted to hear or you might not get the call for project and you thought you might get, but if you stay positive with a good attitude and keep your eyes on your goals eventually that phone call will come and those goals will be met. It usually doesn’t happen overnight but great things come for those who keep going and never quit.
11. As a kid I actually wanted to be a professional baseball player. It is a game I played throughout my youth and I truly enjoyed it. I think it wasn’t until I was a little bit older and I was involved in fitness and modelling that I thought about becoming an actor. I was lucky enough a couple years ago to be in contact with producer and director Jillian Bullock. She selected for the role of United States Army Captain Jack Nixon in her movie, ‘A Sense of Purpose: Fighting For Our Lives’ coming to theatres.
in 2017. I truly believe fitness in modelling was my foundation towards moving on into the acting industry.